Friday, June 15, 2012

My Current Meal Plan and Grocery List

I have posted quite a few foods the I recommend but I wanted to do a complete list.  This list is what I normally buy any given time when I go to the grocery store but this week I have started a more strict meal plan cutting out most of my carbs, fruit and bread.

My Meal Plan will consist of:

7:30 Protein, Egg Whites and Spinach
10:00 Protein, Spinach
12:30 6oz of Chicken Breast and Broccoli
3:00 Tuna, Dijon Mustard and Greens
5:30 6 oz of Chicken and Broccoli
8:30 (Post Workout) Protein Shake

As I have wrote about in the past, I have really messed up my metabolism by skipping meals and then just picking foods all day long. I need to shock my system, so I am going all out with only protein and veggies. In my cooler I will keep a container of brown rice or a sweet potato and for extreme emergencies, an apple which always picks me up if I am tired.

Here are the foods that I recommend for a healthy clean eating diet. Obviously you should not try to get them all at the same time. Try not to keep fresh fruits and veggies in your fridge for over a week. They will lose all of their nutrients. So buy small and buy often, unless you have a huge family and you can eat things up really quick. I usually go to the grocery store twice and week and buy in three day increments.

You can print this out and take it with you to the grocery store. I love whole foods and all the farmers markets. I also shop at Asian food stores for special veggies and things I can not find else where.



Vegetables:
Broccoli
Green Beans
Asparagus
Baby Carrots
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Romaine Lettuce
Organic Green Mixtures
Baby Spinach
Onions
Red Onion
Mushrooms (All kinds...MY FAVORITE)
Seaweed
Sweet Potato
Frozen Edamame

Fruits:
Any that are in Season
No Dried fruits..too much Shooga (as Coach Lee would say)
Bananas
Blueberries
Strawberries
Raspberries
Blackberries
Grapefruit
Avocadoes
Nectarines
Apples

Grains/Breads/Noodles
Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Steel Cut Oats
Ezekiel Bread
Quinoa
Brown Rice

Protein:
Eggwhites ( I buy liquid)
Chicken Breast
Tofu
Salmon
Tilapia
Shrimp
Scallops
Lobster
Tuna in a can or packet
Lentils
Black beans

Nuts/Seeds
Ground Flax Seed (if whole, must grind them up)
Unsalted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
Unsalted almonds
PB2 (powered pb..IT ROCKS)
Almond Butter

Dairy & Dairy Substitutes
Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Almond Breeze unsweetened Almond Milk


Supplements:
Vanilla Whey Protein - any is fine but I find one that is low in carbs and preferrably no sugar. Each scoop should have atleast 20 grams of protein


Extra Flavor and Sauces
Salsa in place of ketchup and great for Salsa Chicken
Sriracha-I love this stuff. I add it to my tuna fish. Nothing wrong with a little spice to make you drink more water and rev up your metabolism right?
Lemon
Mrs Dash Seasoning
Tabasco Sauce

Sweeteners:
Stevia
Honey
Ground Cinnamon
Agava Nectar

LOTS & LOTS OF WATER


No comments:

Post a Comment



Forever Sparkling

Get My Favs

Popular Posts




Lets Tweet

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.