Monday, December 5, 2011

The Visalus Challenge: Pre-Challenge Days


Forever Sparkling can mean so many things. For me it is tips, tricks, ideas, goals...anything that will maintain a lifestyle that will make you beaming with that inner sparkle. I have slacked off on blogging during this busy time of year with Scentsy but I finally found the motivation. Today I got my Incentive warmers. They are gorgeous. Scentsy had a Summer Incentive where if you beat certain goals, they created these "no holds barred" if you will warmers. The warmers are ginormaous and just simply amazing. Along with that, I was reminded by my Scentsy family on Facebook, that in January I am going to Mexico on the Scentsy Leadership Retreat. Now I live in South Florida so of course the sun and ocean are normal ways of life but for some reason, Mexico seems so far away and it will be a VACATION!!! So what comes with sun, ocean and vacation...yeah the dreaded word...BATHINGSUIT. 


So yesterday I finally decided to bite the bullet and take the 90 day Visalus Challenge. The ViSalus Sciences® Body by Vi™ Challenge is geared to help you reach your goals, no matter what they are. From simply losing a few pounds, to getting fit and toned, they have the tools, the products, and the community of supportive people to celebrate your success. The Body by Vi™ program is easy, fun, and guarantees results.


The Body by Vi™ Challenge is not another fad diet. The program is based on nutrition that helps you burn fat and keep lean muscle, boosts your metabolism and helps control hunger.  I chose to do the $49 challenge package to get started.




My biggest problem is I skip meals. I know better too. I just get so busy and before I know it, it is dinner time. I know with age, my metabolism is already slowing down so getting my self on a healthier eating pattern is what I need to do. My cousins are distributors for Visalus. They have been trying to convince me to try this for months. I am not a distributor but I am taking the challenge. That is the great thing, anyone can refer people to join the challenge with them. If that is all you want to do. We all know making a lifestyle change is much easier to do with people.  Take a look at the links above. There are kits that fit everyone's lifestyle. Right now, I am only replacing one meal a day but I am sure I will increase to two because if anyone knows me, they know I hate waiting. I am already feeling inpatient waiting for the shakes to arrive. 

And so, here we are. I am about to share my experience with all of you. Pretty daring huh? I don't think I am daring enough to post a before picture. Maybe when I am at my goal weight, I will show you where I started. That is fair. : )  Who am I kidding? I don't really care about being fair. I am just not posting that picture on the internet. Mexico is in 6 weeks, so maybe before that trip. That will be half way through the 90 days.

A cool extra too is if you invite 3 friends to do with me, then mine will be free the next month. It would be like that for all of you too. For some that would be a really cool incentive, but more of an incentive for me is fitting my butt into the bathing suit I want to wear so the time is NOW. : )

So, let's see. Day 1. I haven't officially started the challenge yet because I haven't gotten the shakes but I think I will make this a 95 day challenge. 5 days of just gearing up while my goodies ship. Opened my eyes this morning and of course once again, two things are consistent, I have no energy and I have a headache. Let's see if that too can be another goal. To get rid of both of those things. So I let my dog out and come back inside to down a ton of water. This usually helps with the headaches. I got to work today and up skipped breakfast. Well I didn't totally skip it. I drank coffee. Real healthy when I know better. Then I had tuna salad mixed with eggs, olives, relish, cottage cheese, almonds, onions and I think that is it. Yeah no mayo. VERY DIFFICULT for me. But the relish helps. I put it on top of a whole wheat english muffin. This was at 11:30 and surprisingly, I haven't been hungry at all. Of course I know the key to eating less is eating the right foods that don't spike your sugar. So sad that I actually know all this and don't do it. Now my next problem...dehydration. I don't freaking drink enough water. I get so mad at myself. You have to drink water. So easy too. Pick up the bottle and drink, finish the bottle, do it over. 3 simple steps. My god. It is time to stop this.

Well that is today so far. Skipped breakfast, good brunch, not enough water, low energy and not consistent meals. Real nice. Do other people have an eating plan that looks like this?  I have tried all diets, weight loss, eating plans in this universe. My entire issue is that I need something easy that will give me what I need fast. I don't need a book of 300 recipes that are low fat, I won't cook them. I need easy. And so I'll try this. I have read the reviews and have actually tried the shakes in the past, just never jumped on and ordered it.  Continue to reading each day to see how I am doing. Feel free to shoot me a message if I don't blog. I really need to stay on top of this and would love everyone's help and support and if you would like to take the challenge with me....Click here We can comment and blog together and help other people. Everyone needs the right system to be motivated and be healthy. Let's see how this one works.  I'd love to hear from anyone who have already done this. Let's add Body by Vi to my list of ways to FOREVER SPARKLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Forever Sparkling

Get My Favs

Popular Posts




Lets Tweet

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.