Friday, June 10, 2011

The Green Monster C25K Update

Day 10 of the eating healthy, Green Monster, C25K exercise quest. It seemed like a good day to blog about it. Surprisingly things are going quite well.

I have the Green Monster Shake every morning and at first I wasn't adding any protein to it so by 10 am, I was starving. This week I started adding a tablespoon of Almond Butter. This has helped tremendously. Now my morning shake tastes like a Peanut Butter Banana. I stay full from 8 am till about 11am. At 11 it seems to early for lunch so I have a small snack. The snack is a perfect because I get a variety of food and feel like I am eating alot. I usally have a piece of string cheese, boiled egg and apple slices. This gives me enough protein and carbs along with a little bit of fat to last me until a 2:30 lunch. Having lunch around this time, keeps me full and allows enough time to come between eating and my work out. Between lunch and my workout, I try to load up on water. Doing this has made the C25K runs much easier and I seem to have a ton of energy.

This week, I did find myself craving sweets. Usually a teaspoon of almond butter held me over but then I remembered..... THE NO BAKE COOKIES. Oh yeah. How exciting. 9 years ago, my exboyfriend use to make these all the time so I thought why not make them low fat. I looked them up and I guess tons of others had the same idea. When you have a sweet craving at night, these are perfect!!!!



There are many variations but here is how I made mine:

1c. organic sugar
1/4 c. organic butter
2 tbs. dark cocoa
1/4c. milk

*Boil; remove from heat and add:

1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4c. natural almond butter
1/2c. nuts (opt.)
1-1/2 c. of oats

*Stir and place by spoonfuls on wax paper. Enjoy !! (not too many now !)

The only issue with these is that you have to put them in the freezer to harden. Using organic sugar causes them to not harden as the normal recipt but once you get them in there and peel them off. Oh boy are they good. You can figure out the exact nutritional value but online using this receipe they come out to about 50-60 calories a piece. Not bad.

The exercise is going great. I am on week 3 and do 40-55 minutes every night. I feel great once I run as long as I wait till I eat till after. I have also started doing the mini trampoline workout and some others by Jillian Michaels. Lets keep our fingers crossed. We all know that all positive life changes take 60 days so I am committed to that. I know I'll keep going after that time frame but my goal is to lose 15 lbs before the Scentsy Convention in 7 weeks. I better not eat too many of those no bake cookies : )

I haven't weighed myself. I reallly need to do determine if I am losing any weight at all but I feel like I get so discouraged when I do. To me, its all about how I feel and how my clothes fit rather than a number. I feel good after I work out. I am still tired throught the day but I really feel that is my laziness for drinking water. On that note, time for 20oz or so. So overall, things going well. More recipes and updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Forever Sparkling

Get My Favs

Popular Posts




Lets Tweet

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.